Sunday 31 December 2017

Art of Time's Abyss: Best of 2017



Just a few of my favourite pieces of artwork which I made this year.




August


Some of you might recall my post regarding some drawings I did a couple of days ago. I don't know why I wanted to draw these particular individuals: I never know where inspiration comes from. Well, I just learned that one of the subjects is making a pretty bold life decision, & moving to Arizona: she's leaving a lot of friends & family behind, and is understandably very emotional about it.

Regardless of your thoughts on coincidence, it's amazing that I would have this strange desire to draw someone just at the same time this happens, isn't it? Even more so that they're moving to a place where I have family, and made so many friends.

So, all my Arizona family & friends: if you ever, by some slim chance, come across Andrea "Drea" Copeland, make sure she feels as welcome and accepted in your fine state as I did. You'll love her: she likes dinosaurs, video games, horror films, whisky, and chickens. She could do with love in a strange land.

Sometimes, art has a funny way of focusing on the important things in life.

I then went on to draw her friends, a wee collective of reviewers, gamers, artists, and more called Girls Play:








It's good fun.

September

 

A very dear friend of mine experienced a very rough time of it this month. I drew this to cheer them up.
 
October


While most of October was taken up by PrehiScotInktoberfest, I also did a sketch of Cheng Man-ch'ing, great Chinese doctor, scholar, poet, painter, calligraphist, and most famously, developer of the Yang-style short form of t'ai chi ch'uan.

November



If you don't get it, say it out loud. JUR-A-SSIC. Eh? Eh? Eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment